FALL VEGETABLE SALAD
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into small cubes;
3 parsnips, sliced;
1 large red onion, sliced;
1 large red pepper, sliced;
1 clove garlic, minced;
10 cups baby spinach leaves;
2 tbsp. almonds, toasted;
1/3 cup sun-dried tomato dressing;
Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing Ingredients
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes;
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil;
1 tbsp. minced shallots;
2 garlic cloves;
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar;
1 tsp. dried oregano;
Juice from half a lemon;
2 tbsp. raw honey (optional);
1 cup of water;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
1. Preheat your oven to 450 F.
2. To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend or process until the dressing is well emulsified.
3. Combine all the vegetables (butternut squash, parsnips, onion, red pepper and the garlic) in a big bowl. Add 2 tbsp. of the sun-dried tomato dressing and toss to combine.
4. Spread the coated vegetables over a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and tender.
5. To put together the salad, toss the cooked vegetables, the spinach, the almonds and 1/3 cup of the dressing in a big serving bowl.
6. You can serve this salad warm or cold.